Yoghurt and Strawberry Muffins
A wonderful friend of mine stopped past the other day since I have been unwell and dropped off a few punnets of strawberries along with some other fruit.
Of course, despite my friend's best efforts to ensure I am healthy, I did what all good cooks do with fruit and turned them into a delicious dessert!
These muffins are really easy to make and so delicious! You won't be able to stop at just one.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
150g unsalted butter, melted
1 cup caster sugar
200g natural greek yoghurt
2 large eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
1.5 cups plain flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 teaspoon bicarbonate soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup full cream milk
1. Preheat oven to 180C (160C fan-forced). Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners.
2. In a large bowl, whisk butter and sugar together. Beat in yoghurt. Add eggs and vanilla.
3. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, bicarb soda and salt.
4. In batches, add dry mixture to wet mixture. Alternate with milk in gradual amounts. Add strawberries and mix well to combine.
5. Spoon batter into paper-lined muffin tray.
6. Bake for 25 minutes or until skewer comes out clean when inserted. Remove from try and cool on wire rack.
Serving suggestions: Have just as is!